This is my fourth week of the South Beach Diet. In Phase 1, I lost 10 lbs in two and a half weeks. So I thought to myself, maybe I should stick to Phase 1, but the one extra week of going into Phase 1 started to show the 'not so positive' effect on me and I don't seem to be losing as quickly as the last 2 weeks. Firstly, that’s when I started to get bored and craved for more variety of food (like carbs and fruits!) and I thought I'd better start on Phase II before I start cheating!
So I have started the Phase II today. Nice old style (not the instant one) oatmeal for breakfast. I still am taking cheese and celery for morning snack if I need to and maybe more salad and fruits for lunch.
I know that this phase will actually help to maintain the weight that I have lost and losing weight at a slower pace, like 1 lb a week which is OK, as long as I don’t gain the weight back. I guess this will be my lifestyle until I reach my weight goal (or if I will ever reach it!).
My verdict on this South Beach Diet, try it! This diet does not make you feel hungry or deprived (except for the 1st few days) and makes you think first before you eat anything, between bad carbs and good carbs, sugar or without sugar. Another thing also, of course its easier to work this diet when I am away from home cos I don’t think I would be able to resist the nasi lemak and nasi padang at the hawker stalls hahaha.
So I have started the Phase II today. Nice old style (not the instant one) oatmeal for breakfast. I still am taking cheese and celery for morning snack if I need to and maybe more salad and fruits for lunch.
I know that this phase will actually help to maintain the weight that I have lost and losing weight at a slower pace, like 1 lb a week which is OK, as long as I don’t gain the weight back. I guess this will be my lifestyle until I reach my weight goal (or if I will ever reach it!).
My verdict on this South Beach Diet, try it! This diet does not make you feel hungry or deprived (except for the 1st few days) and makes you think first before you eat anything, between bad carbs and good carbs, sugar or without sugar. Another thing also, of course its easier to work this diet when I am away from home cos I don’t think I would be able to resist the nasi lemak and nasi padang at the hawker stalls hahaha.
14 comments:
WAY TO GO ELY!! I have to agree with you,orang sana punya food is so much healthier than ours here. what with all the nasi lemak, roti canai, lontong and all..even breakfast is a grand affair! Am so proud of you Ely! Keep going until u reach your goal! We'll be cheering you on!! Now I've gotta seriously go find that book!
dena, please, nazrah said that u do not need to diet. u're slim and small as is!
thanks for the cheering muacks!!!!!!
way to gooooooooo
jeles jeles jeles
niway how much do you NEED to lose?
dont know tenah, i wanna go for another 10-20 lbs? remember i am geng gebu!
good for u....mcmana second phase punya resepi?....tulis kat blog tuh...kiteorang boleh tumpang baca...nak try gak rasanyer...he..he...
Ety
K.L,
Mesia..
next week la i try..hehe..kasi abis puasa dulu...
but then, no lah...i will just hentam lah...i love food too much.
but then nanti gendut masa raya...ok mesti diet...tapi susah...
sigh.
fickle fickle...
ety, u have to get the book to try it cos if not the effect is not the same. phase 2, u reintroduce the carbs and fruits but they call it the good carbs like brown rice and whole wheat bread and all.
twin, u do what u feel is best for u. remember i nvr stop u to eat! hehehe..enjoy it while u can and insyaAllah time puasa u will lose them weight!
ayu, healthy per. i guess i need to sign up for a fitness club eh? how abt Curves? hehehe
I couldn't stop smiling to myself when I read anedra's post :D The Americans say their food is most unhealthy - too processed. That's one of the reasons why about 40% of Americans are overweight... Okay lah, maybe my percentage is incorrect :D Their portions are also HUGE - I can split one plate for 3 meals... sebab tu lah diorang besar tinggi kat sana, kita orang kecil molek :D And what's worse, they have so many varieties, so many restaurants to choose from, and their supermarkets are nothing like ours [ok, only recently Carrefour and Giant have been keeping up] - it is ridiculous!! Whenever I go to the States, I come home 10lbs heavier *LOL*
Congrats Ely!!! :D I will probably try it out some day when my stash of Cadbury Mochachino runs out :) [what a bad excuse!!!!]
actually in the US, the food can be as healthy or as unhealthy as u want it to be. when i first moved here, i lost a lot of weight due to lack of kedai kopi hahaha. but then i discovered that u can get all sorts of cheeses, breads and ice creams that are oh so sedap!
but then 2 yrs back i lost 25 lbs ad then i gained 7 lbs back, so now i am 11 lbs lighter and i'll make sure to keep it off by eating healthy, which i have been doing past 4 weeks.
Ely, thanks, I went to the bookshop..MPH bookstore and another in KLCC one of the big bookshop..something like 'kinokunoyu'...I forgot the name something like that la...couldn't find..the book, my friend Dr. (madical) says it's a total high protin diet regime for chemical breakdown in the body...chemica scientific process in the body....paham sikit2..Ely...dah turun brape pound hari nih?...some slimming saloon are doing that to their client for a quick wt. lost.
Ety, these must be the books you are looking for:
http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/books.html
U can order from amazon.com... or maybe even yahoo classifieds if anyone is selling theirs.
Yup Ely, goes both ways here too. Just a matter of choice ;)
yup got the ultimate one there, it comes with recipes too!
waahahaa..good kak ely good!
congrats!
sorry lama tak say hi.been busy to stop kt every blog too long.. still baca the posts..
see u later-later
hello nad, i was wondering abt u. glad u're ok. missed u too babes!
Post a Comment