Thursday, November 10, 2005

Losing it...

< Frances & Me



Sorry, I really do not mean to brag again but I have lost 23lbs to date!

Last weekend, I weighed in and saw that I lost only 1 lb, after the raya and Chutney binge. 'Fine', I was telling myself…'I binged on raya and ate all the cookies and tarts and whatever was on the table'. But then I went on a strict no carb diet for 3 days to so called 'detox' myself…guilty jugak eh dah mencekik 2 hari!

So yesterday, I stepped on the scale…OK, I lost 5 lbs…I LOST 5 LBS??????? I got off the scale and got back on it 3 times…sanity check. Woooohooooo….betul lah, 5 lbs! boleh tahan. So I have 10-15 more lbs before I reach my weight goal. It’s a long way to go, but perseverence and discipline is the key! InsyaAllah….

As you have read how I started this South Beach Diet…hai, memanglah first 2 weeks payah betul…rasa macam tak boleh survive. But it gets easier after seeing the pounds melting away.

Nope, you don’t have to buy this South Beach Diet food, cookies or meals. Just get the book and you will know what I am talking about.

Clothes? Even my 'upper underwear' do not really fit as well. Was a C cup, I think now I have lost them 'girls' a little bit, I slipped to a B, grrrr. I do sporadic shopping, if I go grocery shopping by myself or with my daughter, I would divert a little bit to Burlington Coat Factory to see if they have good collections. So far, I managed to get 3 new blouses and a pair of work pants…that fit me. I bought a belt which I did not measure against myself due to the stupid theft detector, when I got home, the belt was too big…exchange again! So far, half of my clothes are acting funny when they're on my body. Either the crotch of the pants falls 5 inches down my thighs or the button down blouse just do not fit anymore.

Some of my co workers think that I am 'disappearing' in my cubicle each day they see me. They have to look hard for me, not getting used to the shrinking Ely, who still sounds as loud as before.

That’s the update for now, will update more when I reach the 10-15 lbs mark ok!



24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tahniah Ely! You looked so jambu in that picture :-).

anggerik merah said...

Hi Ely, good job..keep going

Wong Ah Beng said...

Cihh! Bragger! ;P

Anonymous said...

Wow, sis looking good, yeah I'm on detox regime too after all that eating and lost 1 more kg. hehe.. It's quite easy. If you have that little cravings go for it then detox and burn some fats, voila!

Nazrah Leopolis said...

tak achi tau ely, i tgh down pasal ppl's remarks about my bulatness u gloat over here :(


but then i am your cheerleader ma, GOOD FOR YOU GIRL!!!

Ely said...

fishy & AM, thank you very much!

Ah beng, not a brag lah, this is to MOTIVATE others, got difference u know! want to join me?

tety g, sis...well i dont really binge, but kinda mencekik a little bit lah. so far i have not gained any. if i binged, then i wont lose any, if i detox then i'll lose more. wonders of the body.

twin, aiyah dont feel down pls. i hope my blog will motivate u?

anedra said...

HUUUUUUAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHH!!! *tengeh golek-golek no* Baru je semalam orang kata i gundut! hehehe!!

but ely, I am happy for u..u look great girrlll!!!

Ely said...

dena, thank you. like i said, if i can do it, so can u!

Anonymous said...

alah kak, jelesnyerrrr.....nak buang gak beberapa kilo yang degil2 nih...tapi kan, by tomorrow panjang berjela list open house, camno???

..eerr...ok tak pakai bengkung masa pi open house??...

OOD said...

ely,
way to go girlfriend!
and you look absolutely beautiful in that pix! Kalau hilang lagi more lbs, alamak i tell you, pengsan i!

ely marka jambu! ely marka jambu!

yey yey!! sikit lagi ely! tak payah pon takpe, tapi we have targets so go on!

i am SO PROUD of yew!

Dena, that remark pasal your being gundut i am sure was just a tease! You look cuddly comel, as always to me.

Ely said...

noha, #1, got to open houses first walau apa pun. #2 tungu sampai musim takder makan, barulah anda start berdiet hehehe. dont kill urself!

oody, me thank you. yeah i think i wanna lose some more. husband kata 'dah dont lose anymore or more men will start chasing after me' and i told him 'u need to chase as well lah' hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Wow, the result is apparent!! Congrats, Ely!! Soon u will probably be contacted to be the South Beach Diet spokesperson! heheee :D

Ely said...

hartini, hehehehe, u know, it gets so sickening when i go grocery shopping for low carbs and sugar free stuff at the market. i used to sneer at people like me!

well if the SBD people want to contact me, they will have to PAY...hahahahahahahaha.

Wong Ah Beng said...

ely..wa kena kasik hilang lagi 17 kilos (kg..bukan lbs ya!!) of lemak..ada cadangan ka macamana mau hilang itu lemak tanpa perlu diet, eksersais, atau telan pil yang warna warni..

Thaaniya said...

Ely,
Woah! Congrats on your weight loss! I am in need of some motivation after gaining about 18 pounds since the beginning of the year. I miss my jeans!

Blabarella said...

Fulemaaak, slim gila!!! Now if ONLY I had the determination like you. I'm a sucker lar kalau bab2 makan ni .. susah!! My only alternative was to exercise, and even THAT I haven't been doing for yonks!! :p

Ely said...

ah beng, 17kg is about 34 lbs kan? buy the book called South Beach Diet. first 2 weeks, no carbs and no fruits. then u slowly reintroduce the good carbs and fruits...mesti boleh hilang itu 17kg lah.

thaaniya, go get the South Beach Diet book too. thats how i lost 23lbs.

blabs, aiyoh, u're not fat lah gurl. so dont even talk about dieting!

Ely said...

jane, go gurl go gurl go go go !!!

*ely holding pom poms jumping up and down.*

Anonymous said...

woweee!!phewwittt!! ngorat buleh??

*nefertiti*

Ely said...

hahahahaha, miang pulak budak nih!nak ajak i tgk wayang ker?

Honeytar said...

Pheeewwwwitttt...!!! You look great !!! just great! isk... ni makan nasi dua sudu jer ker? hehehh... :)

Ely said...

heheheh yes dear about 4 sudu?

HCI said...

i pernah buat diet ni, tapi lepas raya last year, gain back all the 8 kgs i lost. but this year ramadan, with new approach, i lost 8 kgs again, and wonder ously maintained the lost after raya, in fact lost another 1 kg after binging in KL recently.

still eating rice, tadi makan nasi lemak satu senduk, tapi petang dan malam, appetite more controlled.

tengok oprah semalam with guests Dr mehmet Oz, Yang tulis buku titled something close to "You the manual", something you ler, and the advices given were up to date to research, esp on importance of folate and magnesium and vitamin D.

may be people like us need a special blog on maintaining wt loss.

Anonymous said...

melayu kalau dah tingal kat negeri mat saleh, naik anggerk lah ...