Thursday, January 12, 2006

The 'take a breather' entry...

Work has not been that kind to me lately. Well...I am glad that my boss is back from his military duty in the gulf….but I was not glad when he decided to swap offices with another lady assistant manager and me, stuck here on the 2nd floor.

Work has not changed a bit here. I still handle his projects, coordinate his calendar and his other nitty gritty stuff. Its just harder assisting him when we're geographically on different floors. The stupid intercom keeps beeping more now. The msn messenger (we use that for the office) keeps dinging with messages from him and my inbox is getting more of his emails…drives me nuts cos now I even have to leave him voicemails to keep in touch with him apart from having to run to the 1st floor almost every 2 hours.

Since the boss was away for 4 months, it was catch up time for him…and me…ripple effect. On Monday, my workload was virtually drowning me beyond believe, on Tuesday, the workload did not subside but the tide seemed to get higher. Wednesday, the boss had to scope office space for the move and phew…4 hours of him being away from the office helped me cut my workload in half.

And then back to the 2nd floor, the 2 lady assistant managers…both in their 50s. One has a major power trip and the other, major tensed up attitude. I hear them bicker over little issues like where to bring the sales reps for lunch, which restaurant and where to put that stupid cabinets. As we all know, ladies want their say in anything, which I totally back off from all these bickerings.

One even went beyond her call of duty by asking me every minute on what I was doing. But Ely fixed that pretty quickly (don’t ask me what I did cos this entry would not end).

Anyway, right now, I am just taking some deep breaths by writing this. The sun is shining…good time for a good walk during lunch!

Those in the US, happy long Martin Luther King weekend!

7 comments:

AuntieYan said...

Lama tak datang ke'rumah'???
Harap sentiasa gumbira walaupun tersangat sibuk di ofis.

Ely said...

*kan dah kena marah dgn auntyan*

jgn marah aunty, ely tgh sibuk nih, kejap lagi ely sampai kat rumah aunty ok, cayang aunty :)

anedra said...

Hang in there ELy! It's just one of those days!

SimplyMas said...

Phew! Everyone seems to be really busy at work... could be due to the beginning of the year... Like what Anedra kata, Hang in there girl!!! :D

Skater Girl said...

I prefer to work with male boss or supervisor compared to females. Somehow female bosses banyak coloklah whereas male not so much. Anyway, about the different levels of your office and your boss office would be a good exercise for you. Sure you'll lose more weight though. :)

You have a great weekend!!

Ely said...

mammal and MJ, i know, all i could do is just hang in there!

suriyati, yup, u're right, i can handle 3 male bosses as oppose to one female boss. ladies tend to get 'power trips' grrrr.

nadya.s said...

kak ely dear,
sorry for not dropping of much lately.seems that work hasn't been kind to me either. dapat flu n batuk somemore since eiduladha.. make things worst..

apapun,good luck with work..hope thing get better soon.

catch u later2..