Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Do you believe in standing up for your own rights when you feel that your rights have been violated or are you a pushover (let others push you around)?
Would you do it only to the people closest to you or are you a natural when it comes to this?
Do you feel guilty when you stand up for your rights or do you regret after that?

Just some points to ponder upon...

To me, I am 'yes' to all except for the last one. Don’t ask me how I adopted this behaviour but it is definitely not through being married to an american (or so people say that I might have picked this attitude from him). I dare say that I married an american due to my behaviour! I have been like this since I was in school. I stuck out like a sore thumb just because I 'said my piece' (besides that 'new wave' hairdo and that ala 'Pretty in Pink' outfits…so not malay!) and then I feel good about it. But not every 'standing up' works for me. Some backfire but that’s when we learn to understand others better. Do you believe that I tend to 'stand up' for someone else too? Call me busybody but it bugs me to no end when I see someone gets trampled upon.

But don’t get me wrong, this does not mean that I am quarrelsome. I can be the most rational person to work and get along with. Just don’t catch me whining at the wrong time hehe.

So…why am I talking about this in this posting? Cos I feel good about standing up for my rights now and and still standing up for it.

Do I sound like a rebel yet?

ps : maybe these Dansko clogs on my feet makes feel like I 'stand' 2 inches taller hahaha.

5 comments:

Nazrah Leopolis said...

probably maybe.

Mama Rock said...

well at least you rebel WITH a clue :)
ps - oops pretty in pink - molly ringwald wanna-be? i was there too before :)

S.P. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ely said...

twin, which is probably maybe?

MR - yeah i love pretty in pink! and i use to dress like her!

ailin, i was thinking of u when i bought then clogs. i was thinking kalau beli kat tempat u mesti murah! the price of danskos here memang lah mahal giler. but what to do...

u were planning to come here? apasal kensel?

Nazrah Leopolis said...

probably it's those danskos lah!