Friday, December 15, 2006

Today's the 2nd day being alone with baby Suraya. It was a weird but nice feeling at first. Weird to be by myself with the baby (as the husband had been by my side since Suraya was born) but nice as the house is so much more peaceful and Suraya gets to sleep longer...more time for ibu to rest!

I have not been feeling too well past 2 days. I think the delivery transition has caught on to me. I have been feeling feverish and sweaty all Wednesday night and the Dr says that it is normal...the same feeling like menopause (errr, never knew that). But Dr says to monitor my temperature and was told to see her immediately if I ever run a fever. Apart from that, my body feels achey all over...again Dr says that its normal. Well, I guess I have forgotten this 'dalam hari' transition?

I think baby Suraya has grown. I know...babies are suppose to grow but its such a joy to see her grow in front of my eyes and with my own milk! Its such an undrescriptive feeling of motherhood again.

I feel that my family has bonded even more with the arrival of baby Suraya. With what we had gone through last summer (just the 3 of us left in the family here), the baby has made us stay so cose together and never stop communicating among us. We have been paying very close attention to Mas, making sure that she is in our 'team' in raising Suraya and knowing that we love her even more each day. As for my son, all I can do is hope, that he will feel us from thousands of miles away. My love for my son will never ever die...thats also another beauty of being a mom.

Christmas is just around the corner. The husband must be so glad that I am anchored at home or I could singlehandedly do some damage to the Household Credit Union. As usual, we do not celebrate Xmas, neither do we celebrate Hannukah. But we do buy Xmas presents for the kids just for them to have. We might drive to Nevada to visit the husband's mom in Reno...but that depends on my health condition. Who wouldn't want a white Christmas eh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

white xmas? bestnyaa :)

take care kak ely.... hugs n kisses to baby suraya

Anonymous said...

ohhhh your baby's so cute!! congratulations to mom & dad for the new bundle of joy. Take care & get well soon.

p/s Can't show all these cute baby photos to ayah. He's been nagging me for one more. aiya... like u wrote, energy is depleting la. how?

Go GaGa said...

I hope you will feel better soon. Its great that you share your experience, it helps me to prepare on what to anticipate. Kiss your little princess for me and maybe can add a little bite too. Heh heh.. i love biting babies. They are just so cute. So geram!