Thursday, September 25, 2008



Someone says that I need to update my blog more often so that she will know what is happening on my side of the world.

Sigh...nothing but alot has happened. Moved to a new office, not used to the slow foot traffic, my numbers hit the bottomest in history.

You see, when I wanted to move back to San Francisco, I had an ultimatum. Wealth or happiness, no compromise. I chose the latter cos I truly was not happy in the Daly City (yes, the office where my numbers boomed like fireworks). How can I not be happy when I am making all that money right? But I never fit in that office. This office is like family, the people I had been working with for the past 6 years. Of course my numbers and paycheck will hurt at least for the first couple of months. I was depressed, devastated cos I am going to hit rock bottom numbers and lose my Silver status. I was in total daze for the past few weeks until last weekend.

I was at home and had Suraya with me for 3 days...and I still wasnt happy cos I was clouded by my work stress. Then I thought. Money can't buy happiness, there is more to life than work, like this baby sitting in front of me longing for love.

So I snapped out of depression (for now!) and said to myself 'Screw it, I have a family to be happy with'. And my production got a little better I think....still will be the worst number ever but heck! this is my first month being in a new office.

Anyway, Raya is in a week. Sometimes that adds on to the depression. Miss my son, my family back home. Kak Jah will be cooking lontong for us on the 2nd day of raya. So I must go there at least to feel suasana raya.

I hope my twin will recover soon from her back ache. Kesian aku tengok kau...cepat sembuh ok.

Here's Yaya at the aquarium...

4 comments:

Mumsgather said...

Hi. Wish you Selamat Hari Raya and hope you enjoy your lontong yah?

On the pic, is she trying to climb into the pool? So cute. Hehe.

Norabella said...

Salam Ely,

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri, Maaf zahir dan batin.

Nazrah Leopolis said...

hah, update pun!! thank you so much!

i saw this pic earlier in an email encik daud sent me. can't believe she's no more a baby!


my back ache ada kurang sikit. i too must push myself to make it festive for aishah. makcik tu mintak nak buat cupcakes and cookies. mati aku tak reti!

13may said...

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Maaf Zahir dan Batin