The boys in my office are having a 'weight challenge' beginning the 30th of this month. They are to reach their ideal BMI by end of the year. The highest BMI among the boys is 35. So this boy named David will have to lose that weight or lose $45. The girls in the office heard the challenge and would like to have their own. The highest BMI among the girls is 40. But I chose not to participate as #1, I am already on the diet and losing #2, I don’t want to have more pressure put on me when I am on a diet.
The husband is going through a shoulder surgery…due in 7 weeks or so and he has been advised by the Dr (and me) to lose that gut. So effective Monday, the husband has been on Phase 1 of the South Beach diet. As usual, like first day of Ramadan, the husband gets a little whiney and grumpy. He said, 'No wonder you guys get skinny on this diet…they starve you to death!'. Well hey, no starving here, just no carbs and no sugar.
Phase 2 of this diet convinced me that I do need them fruits and fiber to lose more. If I stayed on Phase 1, I would not have enough fiber to 'go to the bathroom'. I was caught by surprise when I weighed myself and am another 3 lbs lighter! So I have lost 14 lbs in total!
Today's his 3rd day of the diet. I could see his tummy getting soft (maybe the fluids are draining!). You see, I love seeing the changes…positive changes. I have lost them pounds and I ain't got the mucles…I am getting saggy. Since I can't afford the monthly fees of fitness clubs, I reminded the husband that we need to get dumbells to tone up.
Sags apart, I think now I am in trouble in the clothes department. Work clothes are still OK as they still look good. The jeans have become unwearable to me. When I tighten my belt, the waistline bunches up. When I don’t tighten, the hip hugger turns into a mid butt hugger! Some blouses that are meant to fit me nicely, now make me look stupid in them (that’s why I always prefer knitted top as they fit your body as you go!).
When the kids first found out that their paps was on this diet, they went 'Oh no…another one! Does this mean that we're all on the diet too?'. Of course not! We will still cook some carbs for them as they need the energy to burn during the day. But they can have free access to our sugarless desserts anytime they want!
So far, I have not missed any food yet. I don’t deprive myself totally from carbs. I would have a bite or 2 of that potato and those fries, come on…we all gotta live a good life right?
The husband is going through a shoulder surgery…due in 7 weeks or so and he has been advised by the Dr (and me) to lose that gut. So effective Monday, the husband has been on Phase 1 of the South Beach diet. As usual, like first day of Ramadan, the husband gets a little whiney and grumpy. He said, 'No wonder you guys get skinny on this diet…they starve you to death!'. Well hey, no starving here, just no carbs and no sugar.
Phase 2 of this diet convinced me that I do need them fruits and fiber to lose more. If I stayed on Phase 1, I would not have enough fiber to 'go to the bathroom'. I was caught by surprise when I weighed myself and am another 3 lbs lighter! So I have lost 14 lbs in total!
Today's his 3rd day of the diet. I could see his tummy getting soft (maybe the fluids are draining!). You see, I love seeing the changes…positive changes. I have lost them pounds and I ain't got the mucles…I am getting saggy. Since I can't afford the monthly fees of fitness clubs, I reminded the husband that we need to get dumbells to tone up.
Sags apart, I think now I am in trouble in the clothes department. Work clothes are still OK as they still look good. The jeans have become unwearable to me. When I tighten my belt, the waistline bunches up. When I don’t tighten, the hip hugger turns into a mid butt hugger! Some blouses that are meant to fit me nicely, now make me look stupid in them (that’s why I always prefer knitted top as they fit your body as you go!).
When the kids first found out that their paps was on this diet, they went 'Oh no…another one! Does this mean that we're all on the diet too?'. Of course not! We will still cook some carbs for them as they need the energy to burn during the day. But they can have free access to our sugarless desserts anytime they want!
So far, I have not missed any food yet. I don’t deprive myself totally from carbs. I would have a bite or 2 of that potato and those fries, come on…we all gotta live a good life right?
11 comments:
14lbs?? wowwwww!! way to go ely!! Me? I'm still searching for the "strength" to diet. weight still yoyo-ing as usual. have started on exercises tho. N made life easier for me by getting us a treadmill. No more excuses not to exercise anymore now!! It's good that Dvid started it..at least now you have kawan!! Tell him I'll be cheering him on too!
mammal..thank you. i want a treadmill! but david says that that will be extra space for putting clothes hahaha.
i am cheering david on too! with pom poms and all hehehehe
waaaah twin...jia yoh! so proud of you!
teruskan usaha hingga berjaya...
still cheering....go kak ely go!
now got additional name to cheer for..
GO DAVID GO! u can do it like kak ELY!!!
hugs k.ely!
hehehehe, got pom poms or not nad?
big hugs to u nad!!!
Keep it up man Elly, u can do it man... Puasa nak dekat ni, lagi lah semakin berjaya usaha anda nanti Insya ALLAH.
Anyway I lost some few kilos myself.. heehehee.. A few friends notice it, but I malu nak say lah.
I've been having salad, salad & more salad.. heehehe.... Almost everyday for Lunch or Dinner.. Giler kan!!!
All the Best.
oops i forgot to respond to my beloved TWIN! twin, like i said, u are my CORE cheerleader. love u!
ailin, i still could not believe that i did it myself!
noreez! cewah, so u've been eating goat's meals too? i eat HUGE salad as a meal itself only during lunch. then dinner i eat lots of meat. if i skip on salad then dinner will be salad. the trick is, put meat in the salad, and watch that dressing too! teruskan jiwa tuh noreez!!! gua caya sama luh!
Ely, when you start doing strength training, the weighing machine will tip slower coz you'll be adding muscle weight and as everyone knows, muscle weighs more than fat. So don't be discouraged! Also, why not grab some exercise dvds! Taebo is really good coz it gives you both cardio and strength training. I did that for one month and my thighs turned hard. You may want to try pilates too - good for toning. Unfortunately, fasting doesn't make me lose weight lah... :(
hartini, good suggestion! but my co worker says that she is going to sell her air walker and treadmill. so i might take the treadmill...if she sells it to me for $50 hahahaha. she thinks i'm cruel!
Ely, even better!!!! @ the threadmill and air walker. I love threadmills! They are great and make your muscles work esp when you have it incline. All the best, and keep up the great work!! :)
14lbs? Oh I have to salute you! What diet are you trying? I am in dire need to shed kilos :o( but unfortunately whatever I tried never really seems to work :o(
Post a Comment