Friday, January 20, 2006

Bapak.....and Mak

Bapak has volunteered to housesit when the family goes to Florida for a week. Since he is going to be here for a month, he says that he would love to housesit and roam the city by himself when we're not around. This would not be his first visit to San Francisco…more like 6th-7th time I think?

So bapak will be coming on the 28th, 3 days before we head to the Sunshine State. And then something hit me…as much as I am so looking forward to seeing bapak again, he is coming without Mak. And then it hit me again…that I miss Mak. I miss her so much that when I was thinking of her on my way to work that I got so teary eyed. Maybe cos Bapak said that Mak would be making pineapple tarts for us and maybe some homemade cookies…priceless gifts!

I wish that Mak would come along with Bapak on this trip, but Mak is still busy working (cos she loves working!). She says that she is saving money for my kids when they go there for the summer…and for us when we get there. Not that I am expecting the parents to pay for our every expense, but I am just letting the parents do what they wanna do…to feel important.


So Mak, if you're reading this, anak Mak sayang dan rindukan ibunya. Mak selalu di ingatan kami. Oh dan terima kasih atas kueh tart yang akan diterima hehehe.

8 comments:

Skater Girl said...

Wish you a safe journey to Floridah and y'all have an enjoyable day there. ;)

Anonymous said...

Ely.. I am so jealous.. I wish my parents could just come and visit.:-( They haven't visit me once in my 6 years here.

Anonymous said...

kak Ely sedih lah baca blog kali ni, makes me think of my mum too. Tapi takpe look on the brighter side kan, nanti dpt kuih tart....hehehehe

Unknown said...

Ely,
seronoknya bapak nak datang ziarah. Bawa jem tart pulak tu. :))
Have fun with your family.

anedra said...

Ely, think about it..it's only a few months more before u get to go home and manja all out with your mom! In the meantime, enjoy your Bapak and the jam tarts! AND have fun at the wedding! Itu bikini sudah beli??

Ely said...

suriyati, thank you.

iffa, dont jealous ok, just keep inviting ur parents over lah, insyaAllah, they will relent one day.

anita & anasalwa, actually, my sister just warned me that my mom has been too busy to be making the tarts, so i ordered some tarts for my sister to buy hehe.

ailin, kuah tak tumpah ke mana eh?

dena, yeah few more months, i can get majna fm u too hehehe.

Mama Rock said...

ely - macam sisters :) - compliments to your mom.
ari ni punya entry brought tears to my eyes. miss my mom too, KL-JB takdelah jauh sangat but when time doesnt permit tak boleh la nak buat apa :(

SimplyMas said...

Hmmm... I'm looking forward to the day that I'll be flying back home in April...Boleh peluk-peluk & cium my mak too!!! Also looking forward for my parents to visit us in December in the UK coz they never been here before so it will be a great vacation for them...

Enjoy Florida and the wedding!!! Kuih tart tu hulurlah sikit kat sini! Hee! Hee! :D