Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Nafsu makan tak tertahan...

Note : I had to change my entry title from 'Mengidam ker' to the current one, just so that there is no anticipation. Hehehe...
====================================
How do you handle cravings when they start haunting you?

Do you :

A) Go with the cravings
B) Count to 10 and pray that it will all be over
C) OK…have a little bit of it, don’t follow your heart too much!


Somehow or rather, this month, my craving is craving orang gelojoh. I wanted so much to eat lunch at that halal mediterrenean restaurant…die die must go today. So a co worker obliged cos she had never been to this place.

8am…I was already thinking of it. Hmm, what should I order eh? Maybe a gyro plate of the 'special'. Come 9am, the co worker said that she might not be able to make it cos no one was going to cover the hotline if she went to lunch at 1pm. She suggested tomorrow…how dare she said that to me! Dang…I MUST make this work! Must go today! She finally worked it out for us to go lunch at 11:30 am instead…whatever babe…as long as I get to go.

I think you would have never ever seen me walk so fast before. These boots just did not deter this woman from walking fast. Glad the restaurant was not crowded yet. Ordered the special…they had Veal cooked in masala, cous cous, rice, mediterrenean salad and pickled cabbage…good enough. Who cares what the co worker ordered. I quickly got my order, rushed to a table and geez…please do not picture how I ate the meal! I ate most of the cous cous but very little of the rice and the bread. Can't curb the carbs, can't eat all the carbs either.

Burp…alhamdulillah! It surely was good. Whats next? Sushi! The husband suggested for us to have sushi tonight…just bring it on babeh!

*This is Ely in action when she's in the craving mode. Sometimes I would crave for humungous salads for days…sometimes stir fried veges for days too! I do get carb cravings too though not much. When I hit the carb binge, I just take a few bites and then the guilt will lurk and stops me from eating them too much. *

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

eheemmmm.. ely.. ini monthly cravings ke atau pun lain punya cravings... hehehe.. keep me posted tau!

Anonymous said...

veal masala..that sounds nice. haven't tried those before..couscous memang best!!

nef

Count Byron said...

I am a little behind in reading.. but the last post...
My Ely, dear, dear Ely...
Pardon me by saying that those 2 postings were not SAD posts.. they are most touchy and heart-felt posts that I am proud of.. they are you.. they are Mas & Mat.. and that's all that matters..
We can all be happy, put up a facade if inside we shrivel, but the feelings for our children, our parents, our spouses, and ourselves are the most real of all..

Now now.. mengidam.. Countess did mengidam 7 times over.. but for the life of me, I do not remember any of them.. and that goes on to say that they were nothing like crocodile meat, mee mamak, cooked by italian soprano-cum-chef named but Wan.. and one can dream of the whole suit of cravings..
Enjoy your huge helpings of salads and Carbs girl

am Counting your calories

Ely said...

i dont know why i am still laughing when i re read my entry today hehehe. so greddy i was...or still am?

iffa - ahemmm...me thinks its the PMS craving lah. dont worrym u will surely know if its 'u know what'.

nef - i think its veal in masala...what i know is that its good! very soft and melts in ur mouth. cous cous dia pun ada flavor and the rice mcm nasi minyak gitu. ok tak?

dearest CB - thanks for stopping by. i always look forward to ur visits.

feelings of kids and family are always real. sometimes it does get frustrating for parents to guess how our kids feel. if they're happy, sad, pretending or what...especially now that my son is 13, thats when he learns to try to be sleek and maybe create a white lie that does not turn out to be white at all! what can we do? put our foot down...hard!

noooo, not mengidam 'berisi' lagi. hehehehe...must be the PMS type of mengidam. and please do not mention mee mamak...its hard to find here! waaaahhh!!!

Mama Rock said...

emmmm, sedapnya kalau dapat makan apa yang di "idam". i will go for it, guilty tu cerita lain la, bila dah kekenyangan tu baru fikir, tapi at least i get what i want :)

Queen Of The House said...

Ely, kalau PMS craving is like this, mengidam 'berisi' tu macamana la pulak? Once when I was pregnant (and had not found out yet)I had a crazy craving for this particular nasi ayam. I had no transport, but never mind, I walked all the way to the shop, pushing my toddler in a stroller! Must get the nasi ayam no matter what!

anedra said...

makan! jangan tak makan ely!! nanti balik Singapore kita HENTAM lagi eh???!

Nazrah Leopolis said...

ala, makan je ely,


you know you won't over do it.

kalau overdo pun, do the SB 1st phase again.

kacang bah itu!

Mumsgather said...

Hahahaha Ely, Now you're making me crave too!

Anonymous said...

I bet it was delicious. We normally go to Mediterranean deli here too once a month though.. Anyway, you have an enjoyable craving day.. :)

Ely said...

BURP....just came back from the sushi buffet. hehehehe...i didnt eat that much of sushi but i think i have eaten enough to make me wanna do my workout 2x longer tonight! but too full...how to exercise?

mama rock, that is so true, kalau dah mengidam nak makan tuh, janji hati senang kan?

qoth, when i was preggy with Mat, i makan McDonalds everyday and mengidam tebu, nak tebu yang fresh baru potong tuh. with Mas, makan sushi everyday. how about that? hehehe

mammal, hmm, nih yang seram nih, balik singapore hetam habis2! hari2 kena pergi park buat workout!

twin, cannot go back to phase one. phase one is for people who had gone down the drain for months...so it wont work! so just lesser and lesser carbs lah. insyaAllah, besok i tak ngidam lagi.

mumsgather, what are u craving for now? think girl...think!

suriyati, yes it was very delicious. the sushi was very delicious too! enough of eating for the day for me. perut dah penat dah.

Justiffa said...

hehe.. ely i know exactly what u mean. when i get my monthly cravings i feel i could eat a horse gitu. ravenous yg teramat n makan macam tak kenyang2 lol. but actually for me that part isnt as bad as the monthly bloating sessions. sheesh i hate it with all my heart!!!! uncomfortable giler!!!

Mrs Mum said...

Hi Ely, got buns in the oven already?

Ely said...

this was posted by blabarella...dont know why she couldnt leave comment on my blog. here u go blabs!

blabs said...

Blabs: Urgh - so geram! Can't leave a comment in your post about cravings!! So here it is!! "Hey Ely, just eat and be HAPPY!!! That's what I do!! Hehehe. Ps - that hopeless feline is back!"

Ely said...

redkebaya, yesssssssss, its like our tummy has a hole at that time of the mth eh? mkn suma tak kenyang!

afzalmom, not yet, heating the oven now, but the dough belum uli pun hehehe.

blabs : eat and be happy? sometimes can do that too lah. glad tigger is back...smack him on the bottom for me ok!

Anonymous said...

you're definitely not alone. i'm like that too and only recently did i find an effective therapy to curb it - paste 2 pix of myself everywhere in the house! one of me at my fattest and the other, after i lost all that 20 kilos of excess blubber. points to the 1 i like and keep chanting, MUST be jambu ... MUST be jambu ... *kekeke* =P