Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Baby Shower

It was suppose to be a surprise Baby Shower. But a good friend of mine just could not keep it away from me. In short, I had to act surprised when it happened. Nah, it wasn’t hard at all.

BUT….to tell you the truth, I was truly surprised when it happened. About 40 people came to the party to 'surprise' me and I was overwhelmed by the number of people who attended the party!

There were pink ribbons hanging with banners saying 'It’s a Girl!' and a huge cake, enough for 50 people. I was overwhelmed. I was told to make a speech. As usual, Ely said 'Well, I am speechless' but ended up ranting anyway…10 minutes of the time. Those who attended were mostly my direct co workers, members from the my Asian Group and my former co workers who took half day off to celebrate with me.

Oh my…as I am writing this, I am starting to feel the joy when I was at the party hehehe. Then I was told to sit down and open the presents. So many of them that I was sweating by the time I was done. Clothes, clothes and more clothes! Girl clothes, girl stuff! And then I jokingly said out loud ,'Hope its truly a girl guys! That’s what the Dr says' hahaha! Not forgetting gift certificates too, over $400 worth of them…rezeki little munchkin.

It was too nice of my boss to come back 60 miles from his dentist and then back to the city to join the party and then back home 60 miles at the end of the day. I know that he is in a frenzy as I am taking off from work starting Monday. I am sure he will be okay. Sooner or later, I will be moving to the new office and would be geographically away from him anyway.

Last night, I spent almost 2 hours writing Thank you notes to the co workers. I know that I had to do it then or I would never get them done. Could not sleep last night, still so overwhelmed by the party. I am feeling so warm and fuzzy inside.

People are commenting that the turnout of the party was wonderful and that others must really like me…and I said 'I wonder why people like me!' hehehehe...




8 comments:

Queen Of The House said...

Ely, you are looking so blooming berseri-seri!! The lil' munchkin will be here anyday now .... all the best!! Tak sabar nak tunggu you post her pics nanti :) Take care (pssssttt ... dah pack the hospital bag?)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know I'm not they only one hooked on Slide.com... I wish I was there = (

Mama Rock said...

ely...looks like you had fun there! any time now huh..good luck!

Ely said...

mas, yes i surely had fun!

qoth, nooooooooo, belum pack hosptal bag lagi! i shall plbog about it soon hehehe.

monica, yes i wish u were here too! miss u so much! dont u just love the slides?

MR, any time now babeh. i say hopefully she will come in 2 weeks. let ibu stay home and sleep alo before she comes.

Count Byron said...

Now it is confirmed.. that u'd have a girl if your face glows like a full moon. Having 3 girls to proof this hypothesis, urs will strengthen the claim. Ely, you look resplendent.

nadya.s said...

aarr.. nice party and you look cute as ever!!

the cake mcm delicious sgt and oh my banyaknya hadiah.

o love the pics ( and slide show..) and cant wait for the babu pics!!

take care kak ely. hugs n kisses!!

Ely said...

CB, the avatar of you look very regal. very classy! you are oh too kind CB, thats all makeup like i tell everyone!

nad my dear, the baby ada banyak sekali baju, kalahkan kita bertiga kat rumah nih. we will definitely post baby pics when she arrives! huggsss and kisses back...tonnes of them!!!

Go GaGa said...

Im envious! That looks like an awesome party.